[Bru-list] Next meeting: 13th November

Steven J Green stevegreen at clara.net
Wed Nov 6 15:21:15 GMT 2019

On 06 Nov, Vince M Hudd via Bru-list <bru-list at riscository.co.uk> wrote:
> I'll be posting an announcement at some point over the weekend - so, as
> usual, if anyone has anything they're planning to bring and which I
> could therefore include, let me know ASAP.

> Additionally, I want to suggest that we consider changing venues, given
> that the food situation at Eldon House has become a bit wanting. (As in
> "I want something to eat, but if there's anything on the menu, I'm lucky
> if someone else hasn't already ordered the last of it").

> My initial thought for an alternative is perhaps the Black Castle - for
> some it's convenient, for me there's parking (albeit limited to three
> hours) and the menu offers plenty of choice.

> (But also bear in mind I have seen comments from Eldon House about a
> recent change of ownership that mention they're planning better food
> options - so it may be that it is or will be fine.)

> --
> Vince M Hudd
> Soft Rock Software - www.softrock.co.uk
> RISCOSitory        - www.riscository.com

I still haven't (quite) moved so expect to be at the meeting next week...

The Eldon House website "About" page includes the words "the new team aim
to have a full menu on offer by October 2019". I personally prefer the
Eldon House to the Black Castle: may give Eldon one more chance? The same
page also goes on to advise that the return of Sunday lunch will be
advertised on Facebook, which I don't use - maybe someone who does can
check if such an announcement has yet been made and advise? This could give
a clue as to whether or not weekday evening food might be available.

regards

Steve