[Bru-list] Next meeting: 14th November

Vince M Hudd atdotcodotuk at dotcodotukat.co.uk
Sat Nov 3 19:27:54 GMT 2018

The next meeting is on the 14th November... and I have two questions:

1) Is anyone planning to bring anything for inclusion in the announcement?

I will be - the newest RiscPiC prototypes. (The latest version of which
works, and should be on sale in very limited numbers at the SW show).
But will there be anything else to mention?

2) Do we want to hold the meeting at the Eldon House, or venture to one
of the possible locations for the post-SW Show meal in order to try them?

TBH, having looked at the website for the Black Castle, I'm inclined to
suggest that's the ideal location for the show meal - as well as being
just over the road, the prices look surprisingly reasonable! (So they'll
probably turn out to be tiny helpings ;)

https://www.greeneking-pubs.co.uk/pubs/avon/castle/

So I'm half inclined to just send Richard the link and suggest we give
it a try on the night (so to speak) - although it does need to be booked
in advance.

Also: The Eldon House is currently calling Wednesdays "Pie Wednesdays",
and serving a pie, two sides, and a pint, all for a tenner - and I
believe the pies come from a local outfit called Pie Minister, who give
their pies silly names.

I somehow feel this is vitally important information that needs to be
considered. ;)

--
Vince M Hudd - Soft Rock Software   - www.softrock.co.uk
                RISCOSitory          - www.riscository.com