[Bru-list] Next meeting - 10th January

Chris Hall chris at svrsig.org
Tue Jan 2 19:44:29 GMT 2018

In message <bdf1b3a5-bc2b-f3b9-2442-792ab437bcb0 at dotcodotukat.co.uk>
          Vince M Hudd <atdotcodotuk at dotcodotukat.co.uk> wrote:

> On 01/01/18 23:18, Chris Hall wrote:

>> I shall be bringing a Windows portable with Virtual RPC on it to
>> demonstrate some software to produce and format family trees.

> You've made progress then, if you've gone from "news of a new app" to
> the new app. :)

I started writing it on Wednesday 27th but it was not working
correctly until yesterday as I was away on 28th, 29th and 31st. Still
got a few features to add though.

>> It converts a family tree held in directories, each person or couple
>> has a file !Name to give their details. It thus converts from

>> http://www.svrsig.org/images/Bef.jpg to
>> http://www.svrsig.org/images/Aft.jpg and allows the boxes to be moved
>> left and right by a simple mouse click over the box.

> So you're using the directory tree as the database structure. I wonder
> if there are other uses the app could be put to?

It is a development of !Cat, but running top to bottom rather than
left to right and it ignores files (apart from !Name and !XY) so you
can put photos, anecdotes etc. of a particular person in their
directory.

--
Chris Hall <chris at svrsig.org>