[Bru-list] Next meeting - 10th January

Vince M Hudd atdotcodotuk at dotcodotukat.co.uk
Tue Jan 2 10:27:07 GMT 2018

On 01/01/18 23:18, Chris Hall wrote:

> I shall be bringing a Windows portable with Virtual RPC on it to
> demonstrate some software to produce and format family trees.

You've made progress then, if you've gone from "news of a new app" to
the new app. :)

> It converts a family tree held in directories, each person or couple
> has a file !Name to give their details. It thus converts from

> http://www.svrsig.org/images/Bef.jpg to
> http://www.svrsig.org/images/Aft.jpg and allows the boxes to be moved
> left and right by a simple mouse click over the box.

So you're using the directory tree as the database structure. I wonder
if there are other uses the app could be put to?

But that's by the by. I intend to put the announcement out this weekend.

You suggested Eldon House, and Steven did also in an email that didn't
come to the list - so if nobody has any objections, that's where I'll
include in the announcement.

I'll be coming from home that day, rather than straight from the office,
so I'll probably arrive around the scheduled time. Ish.

--
Vince M Hudd - Soft Rock Software   - www.softrock.co.uk
                RISCOSitory          - www.riscository.com