[Bru-list] Extra meeting in February

Vince M Hudd atdotcodotuk at dotcodotukat.co.uk
Mon Feb 5 13:03:31 GMT 2018

On 01/02/2018 01:52, Contact (3rdevent.net) wrote:

(Note: You sent this to me rather than the mailing list)

[22 Feb]

> If we all fancy a change of pub for that one; food's good in the Fish
>  Market, but I dunno what the parking is like around Baldwin St.

Terrible - and not free! :)

But bearable. According to Parkopedia, throwing in 6:00pm until
midnight, I can park on Queen Square after for £3.00

It also lists the Mercure Bristol Grand Hotel[1] as a *free* option,
which is a little surprising. I don't think that can be right - no way
is a hotel going to allow random people to use their car park FOC.

[1] Not the Mercure Bryan is staying at.

> and it's worth checking if they have sport on prior.

Ugh!

I would think that being more central, another problem is that it might
be a bit too busy/crowded.

In another message, also sent to me rather than the list, Ian said:

> I'm happy with either venue.  Food's better at the Eldon, but the
 > beer's better at the H&A.

I can't comment on the beer, but with the food I'm not sure if either is
better; it's just a different selection on offer - and a bit limited in
both cases.

Q's suggestion of The Old Fish Market looks to have a selection on the menu.

So three options for discussion.

--
Vince M Hudd
Soft Rock Software - www.softrock.co.uk