[Bru-list] Using CC when posting to the list

Vince M Hudd atdotcodotuk at dotcodotukat.co.uk
Fri May 12 10:52:41 BST 2017

In short: Please don't do this.

The list is set up such that if you put the list address in the CC
field, I have to approve the posting - as well as if you put the list
address in the To: field and CC someone else.

For one thing, if the person you are CCing is a list subscriber, it's a
pointless thing to do.

If it isn't a list subscriber, BCC them rather than CC them.

As I said, when you do, I have to log-in and approve the posting - so
it's a little more work for me, and my inclination is to leave it until
more urgent/important things are done, and then I have to *remember* to
do it. Result: Your posts may take some time appearing.

(And in some cases might disappear - there should have been three, but
one appears to have vanished. Not sure what happened there!)

--
Vince M Hudd - Soft Rock Software   - www.softrock.co.uk
                RISCOSitory          - www.riscository.com