[Bru-list] Website

Vince M Hudd atdotcodotuk at dotcodotukat.co.uk
Tue Nov 8 15:42:34 GMT 2016

I found a spare half an hour this afternoon, so I've had another brief
look at the still unfinished website - added the 2017 dates, some
initial rambling on the RISC OS page, a basic footer to all the pages,
and a SW Show banner to all the pages.

All of the pages will need more content (or just content on those pages
currently without any)

https://www.softrock.co.uk/brutemp/

(Which will eventually end up at http://bristol.riscosusers.org.uk/ )

Things to do:

'Home' - needs a lot more, but once I have more on the other pages, I'll
use excerpts from those to pad it out, so that as well as the nav bar
under the header, there's a sort of 'contents' list with blurb for each
page. So this one can wait.

'Meetings' - When I update the flyer I take to shows for the 2017 dates,
I'll grab a bitmap of the map I drew for it and include that on this
page. A photo of the pub (or of the group in the pub) might be handy as
well.

'Mailing list' - that's probably okay as is, *perhaps* with a little
more added.

'Contact' - nothing there yet. I can set up an email address to contact
me (something like info at bristol.riscosusers.org.uk), and I'll add my
mobile number at the very least. Perhaps also reference the next show
and direct people to my stand, and a repeat of the basic meeting info
(since a good way to contact us is to turn up!)

'Members' - My idea for this was to have simple profiles/pictures of the
main group members. However, ISTR a general shyness when I suggested
something along those lines before. I've no problem doing so myself, but
it's pointless if it's just me or just one or two of us. If not, I can
simply remove that section.

'RISC OS' - I've just written up a quick (and clearly unfinished)
initial blurb, which needs to be improved on/finished. Ideally, it'll
have some links to the ROOL site, and so on - whether inlined in the
main text, or listed below along the lines of "For more info about
[thing] see [name/link]" etc.

Thoughts/comments welcome.

--
Vince M Hudd