[Bru-list] Last week's meeting

Ian Nichols ian.a.nichols at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 13:33:37 GMT 2016

On 15 March 2016 at 10:31, Vince M Hudd <atdotcodotuk at dotcodotukat.co.uk>
wrote:

> I received an email from Andrew Conroy this morning saying that he'd just
> received the announcement for comp.sys.acorn.announce for last week's
> meeting - which I sent on the 6th!
>
> I've replied asking him to look at the headers, to see if it's obvious
> where
> it was held up - but by the time I'd replied he was at work, so I won't
> expect a reply until much later.
>
> Meanwhile, that reminded me to ask: What happened at the meeting? I gather
> there was a [lack of] food issue at the Hope and Anchor, so a shift of
> venue
> was considered. Did that happen? Where did you go?
>
> And did any new faces turn up? (Before a change of location, if that
> happened - any that turned up later would have found the group missing!)

Brief summary, as lunch break is almost over:

No food at the H&A so we decamped to the Eldon House, our previous
fall-back when the H&A was closed altogether.

Didn't bring my ArmX6 after all (considering re-housing it already)

Didn't see any new faces this time :(

You missed out on a splendid joke that I made up on the way there.

Ian

--
Stand firm for what you believe in, until and unless logic and experience
prove you wrong.  Remember: when the emperor looks naked, the emperor *is*

-Daria Morgendorffer