[Bru-list] Next meeting - 13th July

qUE (3rdevent.net) que at 3rdevent.net
Mon Jul 11 23:48:41 BST 2016

Vince M Hudd wrote:
> "qUE (3rdevent.net)" <que at 3rdevent.net> wrote:
>
>> Vince M Hudd wrote:
>>

> [...]
>

>> Whoa!, I'm receiving list updates again \o/
>>

> When did you stop receiving them?

Can't remember, it'd been a while, I seen a few odd commands from your
relay (like 'SERVER'), but the e-mails weren't getting through. I
suspect it's my end, I recently changed the e-mail filter to WHOIS IPs
now and blanket ban some persistent spamming continents, where as before
I was blocking IP ranges so your relay might have got caught up in that
somehow *shrug*
> I haven't received any bounce action notifications - which I should do if
> any subscriber's messages are resulting in NDRs and such.
>
> This perhaps suggests that perhaps a filter or something has been catching
> them and hiding them away. (Not that there have been many messages...
> probably one or two since the last meeting!)

Probably wouldn't have had a bounce message, the server just forces the
connection shut if it doesn't like something (mainly anything dancing
around too long with SMTP commands on the connection). After seeing your
relay trying to send, I looked on the web archive and caught up that way :)

>> I won't be able to make the next meeting, I've got to visit London that
>> weekend and as usual finances are tight.
>>

> See you in September, then - and/or the London Show in October.

Yep, should be able to make September meeting.