[Bru-list] Southwest Show - are we there?

Vince M Hudd vince at softrock.co.uk
Fri Feb 6 19:11:20 GMT 2015

I've just taken Andrew Rawnsley's latest announcement for the show (from a
few days ago, mentioning that MW, Sine Nomine and Steve Fryatt have all
confirmed they'll be there) and turned it into a draft post for RISCOSitory.

Looking at the show website, under the list of exhibitors it says "various
user groups" - so I thought I'd expand on that if possible.

I know ROUGOL will be there (well, I know Bryan will - and he usually takes
a table on behalf of the group), and ISTR seeing something on the WAUG
mailing list to say they *won't* have a table.

The question is has anyone here spoken to Andrew or Richard about having a
table for the group? (Trevor, ISTR you've done this once or twice in the
past, though I can't remember now if you said you'd be able to make this
year's show or not).

Obviously I have a table, and can represent the group there - but a
group-specific table (if possible/anyone is willing to man it) is always a
good idea.

If someone's *already* arranged this, say "Aye" ASAP, so I can mention it in
the RISCOSitory item - if not, it'll go out with no mention; but someone can
still sort out a table afterwards if poss! ;)

I'll remember to run off some new flyers this year. And I'll even try to
have the correct dates *and* (as an extra special bonus) the correct
postcode for the pub. Since I'm mid-revamp of the posters on my stand, I'll
be sure to do one for the group, and laminate up a few copies - so if
someone does grab a table, there'll also be an A4 poster or two that can go
up.

--
Vince M Hudd, Soft Rock Software - www.softrock.co.uk

Vote now in the 2014 RISC OS Awards: www.riscosawards.co.uk