[Bru-list] New Raspberry Pi case

Vince M Hudd vince at softrock.co.uk
Thu May 22 11:41:33 BST 2014

Having no prior experience of CAD, I spent yesterday playing with a bit of
CAD software, using it to design myself a new case for the Raspberry Pi -
and I've ordered a 3d-print of it.

The case is in two parts - a base and a top; the Pi slots into the base, and
then the top attached, as you might expect.

As such, the base is the important part, in that its where the Pi has to fit
- so whether the case 'works' will be determined by that. (But if it
doesn't, I should be able to modify the design and get it done again).

Therefore the top isn't the final version  - but it basically looks how I
want the end result to look, and I reckon it'll raise a smile when it's
seen* - but you'll have to wait to see why.

The 3d-printed version should hopefully be with me by the 6th June - which
gives me time to revise it and get another done if necessary. So, fingers
crossed, I'll be bringing my new Raspberry Pi case to the next meeting,
which is 9th July - a few days before the Midlands Show, so I should be
taking it there, as well. (And in both cases, even if I don't manage to get
one made up that correctly fits, I'll still take the mistakes along!)

So, that'll be two meetings in a row where someone has brought along
something actually relevant to RISC OS... it's almost as if we're turning
into a RISC OS related user group in the Bristol area, or something. ;)

* In fact, it's possible there may be a (very small) market for this case -
although at this stage the cost of getting it printed and shipped is a touch
too high for me to put a sensible mark-up on it. (Considering the cost of
the board that goes inside it!)

--
Vince M Hudd, Soft Rock Software - www.softrock.co.uk

The RISC OS Awards & Survey results: www.riscosawards.co.uk