[Bru-list] Ooh, that's a bit high

Vince M Hudd vince at softrock.co.uk
Fri Mar 14 18:53:24 GMT 2014

Ian Nichols <ian.a.nichols at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 13 March 2014 14:20, Vince M Hudd <vince at softrock.co.uk> wrote:

[...]

> > From which, I mentioned a cliff walk near Malaga. A quick search reveals
> > it's called El Caminito/Camino del Rey, and it was built in the early
> > 20th century as a way for workers to get between two hydroelectric
> > plants.

> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmDhRvvs5Xw

> Thanks for reminding me that El Camino del Rey is actually the more
> dangerous of the two, on account of its derelict state.  If it were a
> house, it would be boarded up to stop kids playing in it.

I believe it was "officially" closed over a decade ago (after a number of
deaths) - but was presumably opened up again at some point. It may very well
be closed again (or will be, soon) because ISTR there are plans underway to
renovate it (and build a museum)*.

* Assuming Spain still has some spare cash down the back of the sofa.

--
Vince M Hudd, Soft Rock Software - http://www.softrock.co.uk

The RISC OS Awards results: http://www.riscosawards.co.uk/2013/