[Bru-list] Ooh, that's a bit high

Vince M Hudd vince at softrock.co.uk
Thu Mar 13 14:20:30 GMT 2014

The subject of Bear Grylls' bridge climb came up last night - so here's a
YouTube clip of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVXhDXXMRE0

As I said, you can bet your life that after the first couple of attempts at
using the chain to hook securely onto something on the bridge and having it
come down - which adds to the drama - someone up top would then have secured
it for him so he could swing out on it 'safely' and climb over.

(His arm must have hurt like hell after the first attempt and the chain
dropped.)

>From which, I mentioned a cliff walk near Malaga. A quick search reveals
it's called El Caminito/Camino del Rey, and it was built in the early 20th
century as a way for workers to get between two hydroelectric plants.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmDhRvvs5Xw

The guy who made that video, Daniel Ahnen, lost his life in 2011 - he fell
on a trek in India.

Ian then mentioned the one in China, with a tea room at the end of it.
That's Hua Shan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=765cqXMBHcY

Rather than a video, a more explanatory page (with pictures) is probably
better - it explains the tea room!

http://www.uqpu.net/teahouse/

--
Vince M Hudd, Soft Rock Software - http://www.softrock.co.uk