[Bru-list] New Raspberry Pi case

Vince M Hudd vince at softrock.co.uk
Tue Jun 24 09:15:01 BST 2014

Vince M Hudd <vince at softrock.co.uk> wrote:

> It'll be the real *two* things, hopefully. I decided to try a second case
> along the same lines, but the size of normal Raspberry Pi cases, so with
> the various connectors on all sides.

> I finished that design earlier this evening and ordered prints of the top
> and bottom at the same time (separate prints, but one order) - unless the
> printing company spots any problems with the .stl file(s), it should be
> delivered some time next week.

And that design I appear to have screwed up!

I seem to have put the holes in the front and back in the wrong locations,
and - strangely - one of the holes is wider in the base than it is in the
top. I don't think I'd been drinking when I designed it. :)

I think the ones on the sides are okay, but I can't be 100% sure because I
can't put the Pi *in* this case to check thanks to the ones at the back,
only roughly align them.

Another minor niggle is a curved surface has come out as five flat planes.
That happened at the design stage, and I wasn't sure if it was just a
rendering issue, or if the end result would have that feature. The end
result has that feature.

I'm not entirely sure if it's a bad thing, though - I've been looking at it
for a few days, and it's growing on me.

Overall, I had doubts as to whether the smaller case would look okay, but I
think it does.

I'll just stick with these two for now, as proofs of concept to take along
to the Midlands Show (and the group meeting on the 9th July*) and set about
fixing the small one after the show.

* And WAUG on August 9th - though, depending on when I can sit down at my
own desk long enough to fix the design, I may have a fixed version of the
small case by then.

--
Vince M Hudd, Soft Rock Software - www.softrock.co.uk

The RISC OS Awards & Survey results: www.riscosawards.co.uk