[Bru-list] New Raspberry Pi case

Vince M Hudd vince at softrock.co.uk
Wed Jun 11 21:53:01 BST 2014

Trevor Johnson <trevor.johnson at laposte.net> wrote:

> An intriguing tale, Vince! I'm looking forward to seeing the real thing on
> 9 July :-)

It'll be the real *two* things, hopefully. I decided to try a second case
along the same lines, but the size of normal Raspberry Pi cases, so with the
various connectors on all sides.

I finished that design earlier this evening and ordered prints of the top
and bottom at the same time (separate prints, but one order) - unless the
printing company spots any problems with the .stl file(s), it should be
delivered some time next week.

(I'm away from Saturday for my brother's stag weekend, returning late
Tuesday, so the estimated delivery date coincides nicely with my return -
but if they *do* find problems, I might not be able to deal with them until
then, either.)

The advantage with the smaller size is that it costs less to print - so it
provides a lower priced option for those looking to buy, though I've not yet
worked things out properly.

Meanwhile, as I said t'other day, the [.com] domain is registered. I've
since designed a logo, and a trademark application is underway.

--
Vince M Hudd, Soft Rock Software - www.softrock.co.uk

The RISC OS Awards & Survey results: www.riscosawards.co.uk