[Bru-list] Before 'Ultravox' there was... 'Ultravox!'

Ian Nichols ian.a.nichols at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 15:51:58 BST 2014

On 10 July 2014 01:10, Vince M Hudd <vince at softrock.co.uk> wrote:

> And I had the wrong blokes from Japan as the Dolphin Brothers - it wasn't
> Mick Karn (who died in 2011, btw - so it was fairly recent), it was Jansen
> and Barbieri.

Hmm, not sure where I got the idea he'd been dead for ages from.  Might
have been thinking of Stuart Adamson, completely different sort of music
though.

Here's a rather glowing review of the Dylan Howe album I mentioned.

http://www.allaboutjazz.com/subterranean-new-designs-on-bowies-berlin-dylan-howe-motorik-recordings-review-by-bruce-lindsay.php#.U76mpvldV8E

Turns out Richard Barbieri doesn't actually play on it, but I still can't
shake the notion that he had some input on how to make some of the synths
work.

Ian

--
Stand firm for what you believe in, until and unless logic and experience
prove you wrong.  Remember: when the emperor looks naked, the emperor *is*

-Daria Morgendorffer