[Bru-list] Bristol RISC OS Users meeting - 9th July, 2014

Vince M Hudd vince at softrock.co.uk
Wed Jul 2 09:03:35 BST 2014

A copy of the post I sent in the direction of comp.sys.acorn.announce last
night - hopefully Andrew will see and approve it today.

Chris: A lift home will be available.

----8<----

The next meeting of Bristol RISC OS Users (BRU) is Wednesday 9th July, 2014,
starting at around 7:00-7:30pm (though some of us may arrive earlier) and
continuing until closing time.

Meetings are open to one and all, and are simply a group of people with an
interest in RISC OS, Acorn, and anything related, getting together for a
drink and a natter. RISC OS users who live in and around Bristol are welcome
- as are those who just happen to be in Bristol for whatever reason.

Since the meetings are informal there is never a set topic, but recent news
and events tend to be fresh in people's minds and therefore have a habit of
forming a part of the evening's discussion - with that in mind, the Midlands
Show, which takes place just a few days later, on 12th July, is likely to be
a topic of conversation.

Something that will definitely be on the agenda for the evening are two new
case designs for the Raspberry Pi that I will be bringing along. "Not
another Raspberry Pi case!" you might say - but the difference between these
cases and others is that there is a very definite RISC OS flavour to them -
but at this stage I'm saying no more than that; to find out more, you need
to come to the meeting (and if you can't make that, I will also be bringing
them to the Midlands Show).

Meetings take place at the Hope and Anchor pub, 38 Jacobs Wells Road,
Bristol, BS8 1DR.

The Hope and Anchor has a wide selection of real ales, as well as soft
drinks for those who drive, and serves a good selection of food.

Parking is on-road, and free after 6pm - though Jacobs Wells Road fills up
pretty quickly; Hotwells Road, at the foot of the hill and a short walk
away, is usually a good bet.

For those coming by bus, look for those heading towards Queens Road/The
Triangle/Park Street, which are all just a short walk from Jacobs Wells
Road.

Bristol RISC OS Users also has a mailing list that any RISC OS user is
welcome to join, local or otherwise - to sign up, just point your web
browser at:

--
Vince M Hudd, Soft Rock Software - www.softrock.co.uk

The RISC OS Awards & Survey results: www.riscosawards.co.uk