[Bru-list] Meeting reminder Wed 14 Nov 2012

Vince M Hudd vince at softrock.co.uk
Fri Nov 9 13:49:36 GMT 2012

[...]

http://riscository.co.uk/pipermail/bru-list_riscository.co.uk/2012-February/000184.html
> we'd probably better agree dates for next year.

Yes... I realised this in the run up to the London show when I was deciding
which flyers to bring.

The current one has this year's dates (and the correct postcode penned in ;)
but only one of those remains - next week's - so I didn't bother bringing
them, and figured we should probably have discussed 2013 at the last meeting
so that I could have updated them before the show.

I was going to mention that example of our lack of planning to you at the
show itself, but forgot. Possibly because I seemed to be a bit busy; while I
did go wandering as usual, I didn't do that as much as previous shows and
actually spent more time at my table chatting to people.

(In fact, they'd have been handy things to have taken along to the Jams -
that I haven't made it to - as well.)

> I guess this will probably be the nearest we get to a Christmas party,

HUMBUG!

> unless we have such an overwhelming influx of new members to justify
> trying to set an extra date for December. I'll personally consider buying
> half a pint for anyone who brings someone along who's never been before
> (wow - such generosity)!

I'll match the half-pint, so that's a whole pint they'll get. ;)

> I might possibly bring my Pi, as I've still not consistently got RISC OS
> recognising its partition (have tried a fresh card and install).

I'll bring mine along - though I'm not sure about bringing the screen.
Perhaps I should get a smaller one, which is a little easier for such
things.

--
Soft Rock Software:                   http://www.softrock.co.uk
Vince M Hudd:                         http://misc.vinceh.com/about-vinceh/