[Bru-list] A couple of things from tonight's meeting

Vince M Hudd vince at softrock.co.uk
Thu May 10 23:26:37 BST 2012

"Rob Coleman" <rgcolem.myorg at virgin.net> wrote:

> > This leads neatly into the other of the couple of things: As mentioned
> > on those links, it was going to be based on the Millipede Imago board -
> > and I think it was Millipede's stuff that was used for some TV game show
> > graphics.

> That would be a Millipede Apex board - I believe that it was used to
> produce the graphics for "Who wants to be a millionaire?"!

Yes, that's one of the things we were discussing at the meeting last night.
However, finding any evidence that it was so seems to be a difficult task.

In fact, I'm starting to have doubts. :(

The end credits for WWtbaM ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH1voosPhs8 )
mention a company called Jump, but judging by what they say on their site at
 http://www.jumpdesign.co.uk/ they were responsible for the titles, rather
than the in-show graphics.

The other one often mentioned is Catchphrase, and its end credits -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ4KNh8cWgA - attributes "Computers" to
someone called Chris Goss.

This press release about something else entirely mentions Chris Goss:

http://www.robertchua.com/robertchua.com/PROFESSIONAL/recentpress/e_everyonewins.htm

It associates him with both Catchphrase and WWtbaM, amongst others - which
is a good sign; it connects a couple of dots - but looking elsewhere:

http://www.ukgameshows.com/ukgs/Weaver%27s_Week_2004-08-28

It would appear he used Commodore Amigas.

He appears to still be in the business, though:

http://www.ionoco.com/people.aspx

(Well, as of four years ago, anyway)

--
Soft Rock Software:                   http://www.softrock.co.uk