[Bru-list] Raspberry Jam Bristol

Vince M Hudd vince at softrock.co.uk
Sat Jun 30 16:19:05 BST 2012

Trevor Johnson <trevor.johnson at laposte.net> wrote:

> Monday, 20 August 2012 from 18:00 to 20:30 Bristol & Bath Science Park,
> Emersons Green

> http://raspberrybristol.eventbrite.com/

That didn't work on my tablet when I first tried it - but searching on
Eventbrite's site (starting at their home page at www.eventbrite.com) gave
me this address:

http://raspberrybristol-es2.eventbrite.com/?srnk=1

(From there, I registered).

Trying on the main computer, the address you gave works fine - and it now
does on the tablet as well.

(And in between those two stages, www.eventbrite.com wasn't working on the
computer, but now is.)

I think either I'm having a dodgy internet connection day, or Eventbrite are
having a dodgy web server day. 8)

Anyway... now posted to my Fatter+ accounts.

(Fatter+ - my generic name for social media websites. Derived from the three
I use, FaceBook, Twitter and Google+, the name somehow seems apt, given that
so many people now spend so much time sat in front of their computers using
the damned things instead of enjoying the real world.)

> Who's organising it? A guy who lives nearby has booked the place. I've yet
> to meet or speak with him. An increasing number of people contacted the
> Jam originator (Alan O'Donohoe) about setting up a Bristol one. I was
> initially put in touch with someone but he was finishing his exams at the
> time, then a few more people were connected up too. Hopefully we'll be
> able to have a RISC OS demo as part of the presentation.

Yes. Do we know anyone in Bristol who has a Raspberry Pi and even has RISC
OS running on it? ;)

> Anyway, the advice given was to get it booked and go ahead, so there's not
> been a great deal of organisation yet... but it'll be sorted well in time
> for August, I'm sure :-)

> Que, if you'd like a lift, I'm sure we can oblige. Why not get a ticket
> for your girlfriend too?

And tell her it cost a fair old bit in order to gain some brownie points. ;)

--
Soft Rock Software:                   http://www.softrock.co.uk
Vince M Hudd:                         http://misc.vinceh.com/about-vinceh/