[Bru-list] Raspberry Jam Bristol

Vince M Hudd vince at softrock.co.uk
Fri Jun 29 17:38:17 BST 2012

Trevor Johnson <trevor.johnson at laposte.net> wrote:

> Raspberry Jam Bristol is coming!

> A launch meeting has been provisionally booked by someone for Monday 20
> August (6pm-8:30pm) at the Bristol & Bath Science Park, BS16 7FR
> http://www.bbsp.co.uk/

> Obviously none of us intend to hijack the event and turn it into a RISC OS
> user group, but it'd be nice if there were to be time for a short
> presentation of the pre-alpha port.

Yes! I believe Keith Dunlop's demo of RISC OS on the Pi went down well at
whichever Raspberry Jam event it was that he attended.

> There will probably be a pre-meeting to discuss the event. I've posted to
> the local LUG group http://www.bristol.lug.org.uk/ regarding this but if
> anyone here is interested in helping out, please say so.

I'm slightly confused.

The first time I read this, I wondered who was organising it, and assumed
you'd posted to the Bristol LUG mailing list to let them know about it, just
as you've done here. Then I re-read it, and concluded they're the
organisers, and you posted to their list to mention the possibility of a
RISC OS demo. And as I'm replying, I'm back to the first interpretation.

So: Who the hell is organising this thing? :)

(The mailing list archives for the BLUG (blug blug blug blug...) are closed
- you need to sign up to the list in order to see what's written. I don't
use Linux, so I don't really want to sign up to their list. For fear of
drowning in mailing list messages... drowning, BLUG (blug blug blug...) -
see what I did there? Okay, okay, I'll get my coat.)

Actually, I'll sign up to the list just for a peek. I can always unsubscribe
after if necessary.

[...]

> Anyway, see you on 11 Jul :-)

Yes... and this might be a good topic for discussion.

--
Soft Rock Software:                   http://www.softrock.co.uk
Vince M Hudd:                         http://misc.vinceh.com/about-vinceh/