[Bru-list] Meeting on 8 Feb

Trevor Johnson trevor.johnson at laposte.net
Tue Feb 7 13:45:04 GMT 2012

> Trev, I've haven't got a USB CD/DVD drive, but I do have a USB floppy
> drive which at least get you DOS, the Asus BIOS should mount a FAT32 USB
> key as a drive as standard. What OS were you thinking of running, I can
> patch something together which'll run from key.

Floppy drive - that'd be fun! I have the keyboard dock with 2no. USB ports.

Currently running Android 3.2. I'm thinking of installing Ubuntu or something
http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki/ASUS_Eee_Pad_Transformer/How_to_install_Ubuntu

and expect I'll eventually be brave enough to trying rooting it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja1IL_kg7vo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I'd like to try RPCEmu under Linux and may scout around for developers curious in
porting ArcEm to Android. (With the 25th anniversary of the Archimedes launch coming
up, there'd be some kudos and possibly press coverage for anyone who worked on
this... the port of UAE4All was initially done over a weekend!)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=604529

Trevor JOHNSON trevor.johnson at laposte.net

Je crée ma boîte mail www.laposte.net