[Bru-list] Meeting dates 2012

Trevor Johnson trevor.johnson at laposte.net
Thu Feb 16 13:38:08 GMT 2012

> Although it's too late for January, I'm wondering if 2nd Wednesday every
> *odd* month is better. That would make it:
>
> - 2 days ago (we could always proceed with the 08 Feb to make up for it).
> - 14 March
> - 09 May (slightly less than two weeks after Wakefield)
> - 11 July
> - 12 September
> - 14 November (just over two weeks after London)

Those present at the 08 Feb meeting last week generally thought we should stick to the
above. It should mean we don't need to waste time discussing dates in advance.

Of course, there are people who've previously attended in person and/or posted on this
list, who weren't able to voice their opinions at last week's meeting. Therefore, it'd
be good if others could please share their thoughts (either agree/disagree/indifferent).

As for location, the Hope & Anchor in Bristol is the third venue we've tried. Those
present last week also thought we should stick there. Some reasons for this are:
- Reasonable beer selection
- More intimate than larger pubs, also no sports channel on while we were there (did
they even have a TV - possibly not?)
- Free on-street parking after 6pm (that is, unless Vince reports otherwise)
- Town centre(-ish) location

Some disadvantages are:
- No power points in main bar area, but staff offered use of one behind the bar if
that'd help
- A bit of a walk from Bristol Temple Meads station (more so than The King William) at
around 35 mins

Therefore, the next meeting is proposed as follows:

- Wed 14 Mar 2012
- Time: 19:15 for 19:30
- Venue: The Hope & Anchor, 38 Jacobs Wells Road, Bristol, BS8 1DR
(Hotwells)
http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/16/1629/Hope_and_Anchor/Bristol

Subject to further comments, hopefully we can settle down to a regular clearly defined
arrangement for 2012.

Finally, lurkers on this list, hopefully you'll make it to one of our meetings this
year! Thanks for reading.

Trevor JOHNSON trevor.johnson at laposte.net

Je crée ma boîte mail www.laposte.net