[Bru-list] Dates/venues for autumn 2011 meetings

Vince M Hudd vince at softrock.co.uk
Wed Sep 21 10:00:43 BST 2011

Trevor Johnson <trevor.johnson at laposte.net> wrote:

> > How about Wed 12 Oct, Wed 7 Dec?

> Wed 19 Oct instead? I can't do the 12th until after 9:30pm.

All three dates are fine with me.

One I don't think I'll be able to make - before anyone suggests it - is the
following week, the 26th.

The reason is that I'm planning on signing up to one of these deep level
caving events at Clearwell Caves in the Forest of Dean:

http://www.clearwellcaves.com/events.html

I'm favouring the Wednesday one, which is on the 26th. Hence the 26th is
unlikely to be possible: I'll probably be knackered. Or killed by strange
creatures living deep in the caves, as per The Cave or the much better The
Descent. ;)

I was actually there Sunday, just for an ordinary trip around the main
visitor part of the mine. When I arranged it, I was thinking it would be an
excellent opportunity to take some cave photos for use in a game**. When I
was sitting in the queue of traffic at the Severn bridge toll, though, I
realised I'd forgotten to bring my camera. 8)

** http://www.iconbar.co.uk/forums/viewthread.php?threadid=10985#108937

--
Soft Rock Software:                   http://www.softrock.co.uk
Vince M Hudd:                         http://misc.vinceh.com/about-vinceh/