[Bru-list] Dates/venues for autumn 2011 meetings

Trevor Johnson trevor.johnson at laposte.net
Tue Sep 20 20:42:42 BST 2011

> Catching up after a week away. Thanks for thinking of me, and this
> side of Bristol would indeed be better for me in a selfish way.
> However, all the meetings seem to happen at a time when I have other
> things on, so don't let my convenience upset your plans. I would like
> to come to a meeting sometime, but I would feel very much an ignoramus
> among experts! :-)

OK, so let's pick a couple of dates and then choose the venue depending on who can make the meetings. And I don't think *many* of us would consider ourselves experts, either - although I think there are some ARMazing brains in Bristol, all the same! (Sorry, couldn't resist that.)

How about Wed 12 Oct, Wed 7 Dec?

Speaking of venues...

> the Griffin have heavy metal music on, I dunno which nights, it's
> certainly worth giving them a shout before the date and seeing if they
> are going to cause some hearing damage :)

Not a problem for me, although of course it's not everyone's cup of tea. I popped in once recently to see how big the place is. ISTR it being early evening and the music wasn't loud... but perhaps my memory's playing tricks.

> I suspect there are other decent Ale pubs near the center, I know that
> Hotwells has at least a couple i.e. the Merchant and the Portcullis.
> Dunno how that area fairs for everyone to get to.

OK - I could walk there. If not, anywhere on a main bus route is good. But I'll happily drive if I have to (and give lifts).

> Always up for a natter about Acorn stuff. Anyone getting a Rasberry Pi
> board?? would like to see one of those if someone is.

I may get one, but AFAIK they're not taking pre-orders.

> Things been a bit slow at my end, so I'll probably just be proping the
> bar up next meeting ;)

I may be on half pints next time, or just half a shandy if I drive!

Trev

PS I'm pretty certain I can't make the 8 Oct WAUG meeting now.

Trevor JOHNSON trevor.johnson at laposte.net

Je crée ma boîte mail www.laposte.net