[Bru-list] Hackspace (was: November Dates)

Vince M Hudd vince at softrock.co.uk
Mon Nov 7 15:40:49 GMT 2011

Trevor Johnson <trevor.johnson at laposte.net> wrote:

> To confuse matters, has anyone heard of Hackspace?

Nope...

> The Bristol group meets on Thursdays: http://bristol.hackspace.org.uk/

> I think some members there may be interested in the Raspberry Pi.

Probably things like the BeagleBoard etc, as well. Judging by their website,
they seem more interested in the hardware than software - and by extension,
RISC OS itself might not be of much interest, but that's just an assumption.

> They say "We welcome enquiries from potential new members and anybody else
> who is interested in what we do." Therefore, how about we contact them
> explaining our interests and asking if we can pop down one week?

Couldn't do any harm.

> If there is a lack of common themes, we could always retire to a local pub
> independently.

True - and they aren't a huge distance from the King William. Maybe a 20
minute walk.

--
Soft Rock Software:                   http://www.softrock.co.uk
Vince M Hudd:                         http://misc.vinceh.com/about-vinceh/