[Bru-list] Bristol City Center Pubs wittledown list

Contact (3rdevent.net) contact at 3rdevent.net
Fri May 27 14:50:46 BST 2011

I'm a bit of a drinker so I think I've got a bit of knowledge about the
pubs in Bristol :)
Here's what I know about the central pubs, etc., please correct if wrong.

* = possible

*Old Fish Market on Baldwin Street (Fuller pub/reasonable drink
selection, Sports TV, but it may be okay if we avoid matchs, etc. Don't
know how busy it gets in the evening tho')
*Horts on Broad Street off Corn Street (very large pub)
*King William on King Street (Samual Smith pub/reasonable drinks, gets
busy on weekends but I don't think it does in the week)
*Commercial Rooms on Corn Street (Weatherspoons, gets a bit school hall
unless you go out the back)
?The Scotchman & His Pack on Park row/St. Micheals Hill (haven't been
here in a while, drink selection is probably basic, but they have
upstairs iirc)
?The Full Moon and Attic Bar on Sokes Croft (plays music, no idea about
weekdays in there)
?The Ship off Park row (seems popular with students, seating maybe awkward)
?The Bunch of Grapes next to Hippodrome (can play music, although maybe
alright)
The Merchant's Arms on Cumberland Basin (Bath Ales, pokey, maybe a bit
far out)
The Cottage on Cumberland basin (probably a bit far out, maybe a bit
pokey for a meeting)
The Pump House on Cumberland Basin (not likely to be open in the
evening, probably a bit far out to)
The Nova Scotia on Cumberland Basin (very pokey)
The Old Duke on Kings Street (plays loud music, pokey)
Llandoger Trow on Kings Street (pokey, any decent seating is allocated
to the restaurant afaik)
The Hatchet on Frogmore Street (plays loud music in evenings, can get
busy although not sure about the week, drink selection is basic brewery
taps)
Ostrich on docks (Not much seating, can get busy, terrible drink selection)
The Griffin off Park row (dunno much about the griffin, google says they
play heavy metal but I doubt that would be on a week night)
Seven Stars near Bristol Bridge (very pokey)
Watershed on Waterfront (turns into a school hall and gets very noisey,
reasonable if you want to go to the waterfront and avoid the cattle :)
The Shakespeare Tavern on Victoria Street (haven't been in here since
it's been done up, drink selection is aparently bad)
The Hole in the Wall off Redcliffe Bridge/Queens Square (plays music,
they've pulled the only decent lager they had :(
Thekla on Docks (Bar isn't open in the evening afaik)
The White Hart near Bus Station (plays music, gets busy sporadically
from what I've seen on the way to catching a bus, bit pokey to)
The Rummer Hotel off Corn Street (this probably would've been good pre
going more exclusive, other than doing a meeting there I'd recommend
going for a drink there, millions of types of spirit :/ nice food to)
The Market Place, St Nichs aparently (no idea, I suspect plays music)
The Cornubia back of Victoria Street (very pokey)
Pitcher & Piano on Waterfront (massive place, but typical waterfront
pub, plays music, gets really busy on weekends)
All Bar One on Corn Street (plays music, good drink selection tho')
Jacks off Millenium Square/Waterfront (not open in the evening, nice
place to go if you like a drink by the Docks in the day)
The Apple on Kings Street/Docks (gets really busy whatever time of the
year, no idea why)
Toto on Bristol Bridge (drinks selection is basic, not sure if upstairs
is food only)
Grain Barge on Hotwells Road/Docks (plays music)

Please edit and fill in more pubs...

- qUE