[Bru-list] Archive preview for SW Show this saturday

Vince M Hudd vince at softrock.co.uk
Tue Mar 1 00:19:35 GMT 2011

Jim Nagel <bru at abbeypress.co.uk> wrote:

> --  as posted to Archive-online just now --

Don't forget comp.sys.acorn.announce. Let's see if your announcement will
beat mine, posted this morning. ;)

> Archive 22:12 will arrive back from the printer only on the eve of the
> show this saturday, unfortunately.  so i am taking the unusual step of
> putting out a sneak preview of its news pages plus one article relevant to
> the show.

Good move.

The R-Comp news is particularly interesting!

I'll post a link to your magazine snippet tomorrow, with a brief mention of
that news** - all the more reason for people to attend the show, so the more
widely published such news is, the better!

** I'll email Andrew in the morning and see if he's willing to reveal
anything else with a view to me posting something specifically about it on
the morning of the show.

> Archive members who wish to pick up your copy of the printed mag at the
> show rather than have it posted should please send an email to this
> special address -- SWshow2011 at abbeypress.co.uk -- stating only your name
> and postcode or Archive membership number.  (any other correspondence
> should go to my normal address, jim{at}archivemag.co.uk)

I'll do so (I'll send an email to that address so you have a consistent and
complete record as soon as I've posted this) and I'll also renew my sub at
the show - mine ties in neatly with the volume number IIRC, so it must be
due.

I'll also bring along some flyers for this list and the meeting on the 16th;
SW show visitors should largely include the very people we want to
encourage. Could I leave some on your stand, please?

(I'm only attending as a visitor, not an exhibitor).

--
Vince M Hudd: http://misc.vinceh.com http://www.softrock.co.uk/info/vmh.html
Soft Rock Software: http://www.softrock.co.uk

Bristol RISC OS Users second meeting: