[Bru-list] qUE/3rd Event not able to make the ROS London Show due to date clash

Vince M Hudd vince at softrock.co.uk
Sun Jul 17 11:15:31 BST 2011

Trevor Johnson <trevor.johnson at laposte.net> wrote:

> Vince, if you fancy a train trip rather than the usual car+hotel, I can
> help you cart your stuff around. You're welcome to kip at mine and travel
> from Parson Street if that helps.

I've been thinking about this possibility, and I've concluded that it's
probably not a good idea; I think some of it would be too awkward to cart
about (and given that some items - like the TV - don't have any kind of box
or packaging, I'd be concerned about nasty weather). I'm better off using
the car to carry it all - which also gives me the flexibility to change what
I'm bringing (such as two computers instead of one**).

It may actually be that if, like the Midlands show, I decide to drive up and
back on the day instead of stay over, then I could offer a lift - but in
practice I prefer booking into the (or a) hotel. Amongst other things, it
gives me a couple of nights away (I've only had one holiday so far this
year, and we're already more than half way through!), and I'm usually able
to get some writing done.

** Although, normally, I bring the laptop as well, so that's three instead
of two. I should bung VRPC on it, really, and use it as an additional
display machine on the stand.

--
Soft Rock Software:                   http://www.softrock.co.uk
Vince M Hudd:                         http://misc.vinceh.com/about-vinceh/