[Bru-list] Train ticket

Chris Hall chris at svrsig.org
Thu Jul 14 12:53:15 BST 2011

> I don't know how this can possibly true but I have a printout which
> confirms my booking
> for a super off-peak return for ?46 on the above date! I'll collect
> the tickets from the
> machine at Temple Meads today/tomorrow.

> Perhaps it's some sort of cock-up.
No. It is a walk-on fare that allows you to travel by any train on the
Sat outward and return within a month (certain trains on Mon-Fri are
barred, e.g. up to & inc. 1000 dep from Padd). I get a price of £48.80
to London Paddington for this but the ticket could be purchased on the
day for the same price. It is called 'off-peak' but is probably a
'Saver' ticket. The actual type of ticket is now kept confidential and
simply called 'off peak' whatever it actually is so the travelling
public think it has been simplified!

--
Chris Hall <chris at svrsig.org>