[Bru-list] Sophie Wilson at SW show, March 5

Vince M Hudd vince at softrock.co.uk
Sun Feb 13 12:09:02 GMT 2011

Jim Nagel <bru at abbeypress.co.uk> wrote:

>  today's news might bring a few more of us along to the show on March 5!

[...]

>      As you will notice the special Guest of Honour for the day
>      is Sophie Wilson, who will be visiting with her partner John
>      Wells.

FWIW, I posted this on riscository.com a couple of days before I went away
(though this reply won't appear until I return!) - this is news that really,
really needs to be publicised as widely as possible, as soon as possible.

It's less than a month until the show, and that was the first *official*
word I've seen about it - that Sophie Wilson is attending may have only been
arranged more recently, so that may be excusable, but the show itself? I
found the details published the WAUG website a while back and mentioned it
at the time on riscository.com - yet at that point there had been no
official announcement of the show, and since until you reposted the above
here.

By the time I came away, it still hadn't appeared on
comp.sys.acorn.announce, either - but a couple of possible explanations for
that spring to mind. Firstly, it may have appeared after I set off (in which
case, assuming Paul sent the release in the direction of the moderators at
the same time as the email to you and whoever else, it appeared *outside*
the suggested "up to 72 hours"). Secondly, that Paul has suffered the same
csaa posting problems I had recently when attempting to announce the
inaugral BRU meet up.

AAMOI, did the news reach you in time to be included in the next Archive?
(Assuming the next Archive will be out before the show - which I guess may
not be the case, depending upon your own work schedule).

--
Vince M Hudd: http://misc.vinceh.com Soft Rock: http://www.softrock.co.uk

http://www.riscository.com/2011/sophie-wilson-at-the-risc-os-south-west-show-2011/