[Bru-list] Date discussion for first meeting

Vince M Hudd vince at softrock.co.uk
Mon Oct 25 13:11:45 BST 2010

Trevor Johnson <trevor.johnson at laposte.net> wrote:

> Perhaps we could try to pencil in a meeting date for some time in
> January... particularly, Vince, if your Touch Book is due "by the end of
> the year"
http://www.alwaysinnovating.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=672&start=110#p7638

That basically says something similar to what I was told in reply to an
email I sent them a few days ago - basically that they intend to fulfill all
orders when they begin shipping their new product, the Smart Book, due to be
officially launched by the end of the year.

However, as a result of following that link, this time when looking at their
site I discovered a page I hadn't seen before:

http://www.alwaysinnovating.com/company/specialupgrade.htm

So I've just changed my order from a Touch Book to a Touch Book II. :)

[...]

> Speaking personally, Sun nights are almost universally free for me,
> although I can also do some Weds/Thus/Fris.

For me, it pretty much doesn't matter when and where - as long as it's
arranged in plenty of time and unless it clashes with something very
specific that I can't avoid or rearrange (or with bits falling off my car,
which has been known to happen - even though I no longer deliberately wreck
them), then I should be able to make myself available whenever is convenient
for everyone else.

This is exactly what I didn't do when BARUG was around; instead of thinking
ahead that their meetings are then, then and then, so I'll rearrange this,
that and the other, I decided their meetings clashed with my arrangements so
I simply didn't bother.

[...]

--
Vince M Hudd                                              Soft Rock Software
http://misc.vinceh.com                             http://www.softrock.co.uk

                       RISC OS South West Show - 2011
   http://www.riscository.com/2010/south-west-show-2011-provisional-date/