[Bru-list] Date discussion for first meeting

Trevor Johnson trevor.johnson at laposte.net
Tue Nov 2 14:12:50 GMT 2010

If we can establish a date and venue soon-ish then I'm figuring that we can
get a mention in Archive and maybe a couple of c.s.a.announce posts well in
advance. This way, we might reach anyone else in the area who's not already
aware of our existence.

AIUI the old group used to meet at The Brook Way Community Centre in Bradley
Stoke (postcode BS32 9DA) on the last Wednesday of the month:
http://web.archive.org/web/20040201031728/http://www.barug.co.uk/

Assuming we'd have to pay to hire a room there, and considering previous
discussions about an informal meet to begin with... I've had a quick search for
pubs in that part of town. Nothing immediately obvious strikes me, so if anyone
has any recommendations (particularly somewhere with a little-used function
room) then please post here.

Something else worth considering is proximity to the A38 (for buses) and either
Filton Abbey Wood or Bristol Parkway rail station.

How does Wednesday 26 January 2011 sound? Time? 7pm? Local curry house or similar
(to do in the longer term as ROUGOL do - is this after or before their meetings?)
preferably offering something palatable to all?

An early meeting would also allow to possibly line up a couple of themed meetings
for publicising at the South West show!

Who's in?

Trev

Trevor JOHNSON trevor.johnson at laposte.net