[Bru-list] Logo ideas (and first post!)

trevor.johnson at laposte.net trevor.johnson at laposte.net
Mon Feb 1 13:35:34 GMT 2010

IMO #1 is great, although I like the old/new metaphor introduced from #2. Having 2no. half cogs is more logical than 2no. three-quarter cogs, even though the latter appears somehow easier on the eye.

The acorn in #4 is a good idea, but I also think the differing height/width proportions lead to the logo being lopsided. (But the real bridge towers themselves aren't quite symmetrical either, as can be seen in person and even in the official logo here http://www.clifton-suspension-bridge.org.uk/ .)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing the half acorn/half cog version too!

Trevor

PS Thanks so much for setting up this list and for developing the logo.

Trevor JOHNSON trevor.johnson at laposte.net

Je crée ma boîte mail www.laposte.net