[Bru-list] Date discussion for first meeting

Trevor Johnson trevor.johnson at laposte.net
Thu Dec 2 14:39:56 GMT 2010

> [pubs]

I'm sure The Traveller's Rest or elsewhere would be fine. Although I
personally prefer avoiding chain pubs, which I often find to be rather
characterless, for a first meeting it's relatively unimportant. (And I
must admit to making an exception in the case of Wetherspoon's because
of the beer choice & low prices.)

If we can gauge numbers for the date (2011-01-26.wednesday)
^^^^^^^^^
then a venue can probably be finalised nearer New Year.

I'm willing to do a recce in north Bristol near the A38 and/or somewhere
more central if that'd help.

> Perhaps people could reply suggesting where they live, if relevant (eg I'm
> happy to travel wherever we agree upon, so it's not for me) and how far they
> are willing and able to travel. Just the first part of the postcode should
> be adequate.

- BS3
- Willing to travel 5/10 miles for regular meetings, further for
one-offs/occasional.
- I usually have access to a car, although I'd prefer to use public transport,
so I can have a couple of beers if I feel like it.

> Definitely offering something more palatable. Yeuck! :)

Yes, I thought you'd probably say that! The ROUGOL-style meal can always be
discussed at the first meeting.

Trevor JOHNSON trevor.johnson at laposte.net

Je crée ma boîte mail www.laposte.net