[AppBasic] DrawScript Filetype Problem

David Pitt pittdj at pittdj.co.uk
Sun Mar 23 14:59:47 GMT 2014

David R Lane, on 23 Mar, wrote:

> In message <mpro.n2vnkz006rxew04ad.pittdj at pittdj.co.uk>
>           David Pitt <pittdj at pittdj.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > I converted Joe's StrongED DrawScript Mode to the new scheme of things
> > some time ago. The original has an old style Choices saved as Data,
> > these day Choices are in plain text.
>
> > The new Mode is indeed renamed as "Draw", the "!" is dropped.
>
> > The Draw.ModeWhen file is :-
>
> > Rules Include ! b9b,** End
>
> > In Mode Choices -> Misc the 'Default filetype' should be set to B9B.
> > Other Choices may need attention but I think StrongED would default to
> > sensible values.
>
> 'Between emails' I had already corrected the Draw.ModeWhen file to what
> you have above. I have now changed the filetype of the Modes.Draw.Choices
> file to text; but, unfortunately, the file seems to be a binary. So the
> problem remains.

No, simply changing the filetype is insufficient, the data format is totally
different. The old Choices file of type Data the actual data is simply bits,
with the new Text type files the data is stored as plain text as name and
value pairs.

As Fred says bin the old file and let StrongED save its default, the old and
new file names are the same so the presence of the old style data one will
be preventing the saving of a new style text one.

> I don't know where you got your Choices file from, but mine came in the
> dsed/zip file from Joe Taylor's website,
> http://www3.mistral.co.uk/joe_taylor/drawscript/ (see DrawScript
> configuration mode for StrongED on downloads page).

I made my own some time ago.

> Thanks for help so far. Could you email me a copy of your choices file?

In a fit of creativity I have renamed the mode as DrawScript and added the
beginnings of a Mode StrongHelp file.

A emailed zip will turn up shortly.

--
David Pitt